Weather is a feature added in the October 22nd Update, which included rain, snow, & lightning weather, along with a fall theme. In the winter update, the developers added snow weather as well as a snow themed map. Lightning will have a random chance of hitting and killing you, however, this is VERY unlikely. If you are struck as a criminal, you re-spawn back at one of the criminal bases and as a cop you will re-spawn at either police station 1 or police station 2. If you fly an aerial vehicle, own the $10,000 apartment, go to the top of the radio tower, or climb a high mountain, you can see above some or all of the clouds. Usually the duration of a raining episode is 4 minutes. As of Spoiler/Wings Customization Update, the weather has been upgraded. Cars now have less grip and can slip when driving in the rain (like pressing shift does), and the lightning has been made foggier/eerier. Clouds have two layers now instead of one.
- The in-game time stops when it begins to rain.
- The weather was changed from rain to snow in the Winter Update, and changed back to rain in the 2/4/18 Update.
- In the 1B Visits Update, it used to rain confetti in celebration of 1B visits Jailbreak received, though it still uses the rain audio.
- There's a major and common glitch where the rain will fall through solid objects, including the map and buildings. This has been somewhat patched.
- Weather was used to a player's advantage during the Ready Player One Event, since the original event required you to drive a vehicle into the orange house at a specific time. Since weather stops in-game time, weather allowed players more time to drive a vehicle into the orange house.
- Though the weather stops in-game time, it doesn't affect the Bank, Jewelry Store, and the Train and their opening times.
- Lightning is solid, meaning you can't go through it.
- Weather does not effect you when you're inside a building.
- It is common to see helicopters using the clouds to "disguise" themselves when it is storming in-game.
- As of 7/6/2018, the sky when it's about to rain looks more realistic, along with the lighting.
- Also as of 7/6/2018 when it rains, the roads are more slippery.
- Despite being very rare, you are most likely to be struck and killed by lightning at the Radio Tower.
- Right before the 2B visits update, the ash from the volcano has risen up into the sky.