The Parachute is a feature every player has. The parachute makes you fall 70% slower and erases any fall damage. The parachute is deployed when you jump out of a Helicopter. After you rob the Jewelry Store & jump off of the roof you'll find that the parachute deploys, aswell. You can press the "space" key to remove/delete the Parachute. When you land on the ground, the Parachute automatically is destroyed. You can still move in the air while the Parachute is deployed. There is also a note in the bottom of your screen saying that spacebar destroys the parachute.
- The parachute has a random color when deployed.
- The feature where you can destroy your parachute mid-air by pressing space was added in the May 13th Update.
- You cannot destroy your parachute mid-air on a mobile or game console device, even if you press jump.
- You can still interact or do things while in a parachute, like arresting a player or punching.
- Players can not be tazed while on a Parachute but can be arrested while using the parachute.
- When you look down or up, you will go down faster. In addition, your parachute will go in the direction your camera is facing, meaning that you cannot turn your camera without your characater turning.
- You receive a parachute whenever you jump out a Helicopter as of the April 29th Update.
- There is a glitch where if you jump off the Jewelry Store roof, the parachute will not decrease your fall speed. Thus making it so you take a slight amount of fall damage. But thankfully, not nearly enough to kill you, unless you‘re on low health. This is most likely caused by the fact that in real-life, your parachute won’t deploy if your facing downward or upward, so this feature was probably added to the game for realism, though it can be quite annoying.
- There's a glitch where if you change teams as soon as you jump out of a Helicopter, you would not take fall damage until you switched servers. It was made slightly harder to do in the Rocket Fuel Update.