Death in Jailbreak is a rather common term found when health points (HP or health) belonging to a specific player runs out. When a player dies they will lose all their items including their keycard or weapons. Criminals will respawn at a criminal base with nothing and cops will spawn at a police base or the basement with a pistol, handcuffs, and a taser.
When players lose health, the health bar will become visible with a green color and then pale green. When the health bar is halfway from being killed, it will be colored yellow and then orange. If a player is very close to death, the bar will be colored red.
If a player loses all their health points, (or classified as the bar turning completely white) the player’s avatar will perform the classic ROBLOX death animation of breaking into pieces (including the ‘Oof’ sound).
However, Jailbreak has a different death system to ROBLOX so if your health bar is very close to 0 the death screen will still play and you'll still get respawned at the base(s).
The lower your health the slower you are, making it easier for cops to arrest you. Cops use this feature to their advantage frequently.
Health will regenerate slightly after the player stops losing health. Health can regenerate by eating a donut simply by holding a donut and clicking anywhere on the screen to eat the donut. A donut will regen 20 health, but after the donut has been consumed it will disappear from your inventory.
Quotes are seen after the player dies. These show a message in red text, normally saying something humiliating or funny to the player after dying."You lived a good life..."
"Who writes these messages..."
"Did you see that?"
"What did you do that for?"
"That was silly"
"Better luck next time..."
"Try harder next time."
"You gave it your all."
"Did you get that on camera?""Whelp."
Causes of Death
Listed below are all the possible methods of dying in Jailbreak and their effects:
- Resetting. This will make you a prisoner if you were a criminal. This gives your bounty to the nearest cop.
- Jumping on the electric fences at the Prison, Jewelry Store, and/or City Criminal Base. Jumping on the fence was commonly used to teleport to the City Criminal Base after a prisoner escapes prison before the Weapons/Items Update. Afterwards, the technique teleported criminals to their cell if they kill themselves by jumping on the prison electrical fence.
- Being damaged enough by the Jewelry Store searchlights.
- Being damaged enough by Museum searchlights.
- Being shot or punched to death.
- Standing in front of the Train and getting hit by it.
- Taking enough fall damage.
- Falling out of the map. (Usually achieved by glitchy vehicles or exploiting).
- Touching enough lasers to kill you in the Bank or Jewelry Store.
- Getting struck by lightning. This is a rare occurance and only happens when you stay still for too long in an open area.