Breaking people out of handcuffs can be done by criminals and prisoners. In order to break someone out of handcuffs, the player must be arrested by a cop. It is always best to help yourself first before helping others. When a player gets arrested they have 10 seconds to be broken out of handcuffs before they respawn at the Prison. It is recommended to kill the cop before you attempt to break them out of handcuffs, but killing the cop gives you less time to save your fellow criminal. Once a player has been arrested twice the player cannot be broken out and they will immediately spawn at the prison in their cell. When a criminal is attempting to break out another criminal, they'll have an "E" prompt pop up on their screen.
The breakout feature was added along with the Gas Station and Donut Store. Before the Official Release, everyone can break people out of handcuffs. Once the Official Release came out people started complaining about the broken E prompt bug. A broken "E" prompt is when the "E" prompt does not appear; this glitch has not been patched yet. Broken "E" prompts for breaking people out of handcuffs has been a very restricting problem in the past. People with broken "E" prompts were not able to break their teammates out of handcuffs, but someone with a functional E circle could. When a player is broken out of handcuffs they will lose their items and their bounty, but they don't go to Prison and have to escape again.
Strategies For Cops
If you successfully arrest a criminal, try to kill them so they can't be broken out of. If you kill the criminal who is arrested, it guarantees that the arrested player will go directly to prison in their cell. But don't get too distracted with killing him/her because criminals can easily kill you if you stand still and try to kill the arrest criminal. If you want to make more money, let the player break him out of handcuffs and arrest him/her again. Try to guard/camp the arrested player so other criminals cannot break him/her out unless they are willing to get arrested.
Strategies For Criminals
If you see someone get arrested, try to break him/her out if the coast is clear. Breaking someone out of handcuffs is the key concept for getting the achievement "Bonnie and Clyde." To successfully get the achievement, you must kill the cop that arrested the criminal you broke out. If your friend gets arrested you should be quick- before it is too late to save him/her. Another strategy is to jump or stand near the arrested criminal and kill the cop while breaking out the criminal for the maximum profit. If you get arrested you will be in handcuffs and you will lose the ability to break someone out of handcuffs.
|Counts toward the Bonnie and Clyde achievement, which is required to get the MVP badge.||You can get arrested trying to break someone out if a cop is guarding him/her.|
|Save your friends from going to prison.||The player you broken out will still have no items so they can't fight cops unless they punch them.|
|If you get broken out, you will not have to wait cell time as a punishment for getting arrested.||You will have to wait a 15 second cool-down after each criminal you break out|
|It takes about 3-4 seconds to break someone out.|
|Criminal cannot be broken out a second time.|
- The Breakout feature was introduced in the August 6th, 2017 update.
- Breaking people out of handcuffs sometimes has common broken E prompt glitches after the Official Release.
- Players can not be broken out twice.
- There is a notification that pops up when you get broken out of handcuffs.
- The Bonnie and Clyde achievement is very hard to get due to the fact that you have to successfully break someone out of handcuffs and kill the cop that arrested him/her.
- If you get arrested while in the process of breaking someone out of handcuffs, you will no longer be able to break them out.
- You do not need to go behind someones back in order to break them out. You just need to be in range of the arrested player.
- You have to wait 15 seconds before you can break another arrested criminal out of handcuffs.
- A breakout rarely occurs in public Jailbreak servers, unless the coast is clear to the criminal(s).
- A criminal should always be aware of their surroundings before attempting a breakout. However, you will have to break someone out first before killing the cop that arrested that criminal, which makes the achievement "Bonnie and Clyde" a bit challenging.